Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Feeling a little more upbeat, actually got some good news.

Yesterday my husband called me at work (this is a rarity). I could tell from the way his voice sounds that he had on a large, cheshire cat sized grin. He had just gotten off the phone with his doctor, with great news: His sperm count was 167 million/ml with a total of 5 mls. Motility is 65%, straight swimmers. There was a 3% peroxidase reaction, but I'm not sure what this means, something about white cells, and they are doing more tests?

Basically he is a sperm producing rock star. I got to listen to it all night, and it was very cute. It also made me feel really bad about myself. Does this mean that I'm the soul reason we can't get pregnant? It probably does. bummer.

I talked to my doctor yesterday afternoon and it looks like the HSG show clear tubes. I also continued to bleed until this morning (2 full days), have cramps and the pinching, stabbing pain I usually get the last week of my cycle. Hopefully that doesn't mean that something is going to be screwed up for this cycle, because we are on for IUI this weekend.

We talked a lot less night about what the plan is going to be from here on out. We actually went through the entire conversation with no raised voices, which is rare and very, very good. He is hesitant to do IUI mainly because he doesn't like the fact that it's "artificial." It make me wonder if this is why he's been picking fights with me about all of this. I can totally see where he's coming from, and my counter point to this is: If you're so great at making sperm, and my tubes are clear, and I'm ovulating, why aren't we pregnant? We obviously need help. Maybe there is a mucous or cervical problem?

I hate the fact that none of this is covered by insurance so we're left with forging ahead without a full workup.

We also talked about how we have no confidence in our doctor after the HSG debacle. She isn't on call this weekend, so we'll have the IUI from whoever is on call, and then jump ship to a very nice RE that I spoke with on the phone last week. (I found a great clinic that offers free first consultations via phone.)





No comments:

Post a Comment