Monday, January 18, 2010

5w2d Ultrasound due to spotting

The update:
So after spotting on Saturday and Sunday, I called our new OB's office on Sunday afternoon and talked to the doctor on call.    She told me to come in and get an ultrasound, that 50% of women spot during the first trimester.

So Sweets and I went in today.   The gestational sac is measuring on target at 5w2d, but that's about all they can see.  They are a little concerned because most of my symptoms have disappeared, and so they drew a beta.   I should get the results to that by the end of the day, and I go in for a repeat in two days.   Then I go in one week for another ultrasound so they can check for a heartbeat/flutter.

__

We were planning on telling my parents this weekend, because we are headed to their house (a few hours away).   We will probably only do this if the betas come back with hopeful numbers.

__

Both Sweets and I are taking pessimistic views on this it seems.   I guess we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, and we're already discussing contingency plans of IUIs etc.   It's just what IF does to us, isn't it?

--

We ran into one of Sweets' coworkers at the dr's office.    She immediately asked "So is there some good news??"   To which Sweets replied a quick "No."    Erg.   I hope that she doesn't go spreading around that she saw us there.   I really hope not, especially if this ends poorly.

6 comments:

  1. Well, it's definitely a positive sign that you're measuring on target. Other than the sac, it's too early to see anything else. Plus, your symptoms can really come and go, so try not to worry about that too much.

    I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. I'm so glad you posted. You've been in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted, Nixy. I've been wondering what's been going on. Please keep us updated. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my thoughts. Sending tons of hugs and support your way. Don't let the recent rash of bad news scare you -- most likely everything is fine. It will be nice to get some good beta numbers to put your mind at ease, though.

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you a lot since your last post. I'm so glad to hear that everything looked fine at the OB. Try to stay positive! Most likely everything will be fine. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the beta numbers gave you good info. Keep us posted! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The measuring on target sounds really hopeful. I'm wishing for very high betas.
    Keep us updated. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete