Alright, so I'm a full 36 hours from when AF should have shown, so I'm pretty sure that this isn't a chemical pregnancy. Symptoms are very light, but I have sore boobs and light cramping and some serious bloating. I kind of expected to really FEEL pregnant at this point, though.
I was scared enough that I've taken like 5 HPTs over the past 36 hours to make sure that the line is actually increasing in strength and not decreasing. (it looks like it is.)
I'm going to call my doctor(s) tomorrow and ask what the procedure is. See, if we go to our RE, we'll have an easy time getting an appointment, but we'll have to pay for everything. If I call my regular OB/GYN, then I'll probably be told to wait until 6 weeks, and go in and have all the pre-natal stuff done. (At no cost to us.) I guess I'm not sure if they do a 6 week ultrasound in a regular OB's office, but I'll ask on the phone tomorrow.
Part of me is just thinking that I'll wait and see the regular OB. If something goes poorly, there isn't really anything that my RE could do about it anyway, right? Anyone have any advice about this? It might be nice to know what the beta is, but we pay for everything out of pocket, and money is a little tight. (Especially now that I think my working days are numbered.)
I can't stop smiling. Sweets and I are both so happy. But is SO WEIRD, because both of us are already coming up with contingency plans. We're so shocked that it worked, and so beaten down by the IF, that I think both of us are expecting the worst. This is normal pessimism for me, but Sweets is ever an optimist, so it's weird to hear it coming from his mouth, too. We've both had to stop ourselves and just say "one day at a time."
I'm still in shock. very very good shock.