I am going to put together a care package for my friend and her baby for their 6-8 week stay in the NICU. (The baby seems to be doing ok but is still very far from being out of the woods, and apparently they aren't even allowed to hold him. Also, they have transferred him to a larger hospital that is better equipped for premies.)
But I need ideas. I don't really know anyone first-hand who has gone through this before and I could really use some suggestions. I got a really brief email from her today and she said that they have NOTHING yet besides furniture.
Here's what I have so far:
1. premie clothes (around 5 pounds because some nicu places don't let them wear anything prior to that) and a couple of receiving blankets.
2. Hand lotion for all the hand washing in the hospital.
3. Magazines/Books to read while she's bed-side.
4. Sleep mask in case she wants to nap next to the baby.
5. Gift certificates to near by restaurants (this might take some research)
Can you think of anything else?