Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No internet and new RE visit

The internet has been down at my house, which is seriously cramping my ICLW and blogging this week. Hopefully we figure it out soon, so I can stop using my work hours to do this. tee hee.

We had our first in person visit with our RE yesterday. She did an ultrasound and says that my ovaries and lining look great, and that my antral follicles look good. She thinks I'll surge today and ovulate tomorrow (yeah turkey day). But my OPK this morning looked very low, so I'm thinking (and hoping) that the IUI won't be tomorrow so I won't have to worry about it on the holiday.

She also thinks that my spotting during luteal phase is due to low progesterone, and has prescribed Pro.metrium for this month. She seems knowledgeable, and is the first person to sound concerned at all about my spotting issues (which I have previously thought may be an issue).

We also learned something new about Sweets' SA. Turns out that his strict morphology is only 7% (Kruger score). This means that while he has tons of sperm, most of them aren't perfect. Apparently this is only a problem if he had a low sperm count, or if the percentage was less than 4. So he's a "borderline," but the Dr thinks that's probably not really going to hinder us because his other numbers look so good.

So, we're doing one more natural IUI, then a completely natural cycle due to my ovulation in December probably being smack dab on Xmas day. If neither of those work, we'll move on to Letra.zole in January.

Everything is still about as clear as mud, but I'm glad to have an action plan. At this point, I'd rather be doing and failing than wandering aimlessly like we have been for the past few months.


1 comment: