Monday, December 14, 2009

New job?

So, I have been keeping my eye out for new jobs for a number of reasons.

1. I don't get paid very much for my job right now. It was always supposed to be a temporary type thing until I had kids, and that certainly isn't happening.

2. My boss, while EXTREMELY nice, keeps pestering me about if I'm pregnant, and it's depressing. I've mentioned this before, but for those that don't read regularly, here's the back story: I turned down the job with this boss after a re-organization of my department because we were trying to get pregnant, and I told him that was the reason. He begged me to work for him for as long as I wanted, so I thought it was a perfect place for me for a few short months! (har har har). Unfortunately, now he feels like he can ask me if I'm already preggers, which I don't exactly appreciate.

3. Our insurance doesn't cover IF treatments. or testing. or any of it. I believe that we have spent about 3500-4000 dollars out of pocket for testing and treatments. Actually, I don't know the total, and I don't want to, so I'm just estimating here.

Coupling the poor insurance with the poor pay is a double whammy to our savings account. I'm getting to the point where I just can't afford to work this job any more.

So, I've just applied to a new job, at a company where I have a connection. I think that I would be a good fit, and I'm sure that it will pay more than where I'm at currently. I also am pretty sure that the insurance will be better, but I'm not sure if it will cover IF or not. It certainly couldn't be any worse than what I have now.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!


4 comments:

  1. Sending lots of positive, go-to-work vibes your way!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that things work out for you with the new job possibility! It sounds like it would be a better situation for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the new job might be a better fit for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. I'm sure it's going to be fine.

    ReplyDelete